Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Sterling, VA
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Engineering team at our headquarters located in Sterling, VA (about 30 miles west of Washington, DC). If you are ready for the rewards, challenges and responsibilities that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, then read on!
The successful candidate will be directly involved in the support and maintenance of Virtacore’s cloud and colocation customers. This position will serve as a second-line support for enterprise level customers, troubleshoot various advanced issues on Linux and Windows servers, escalate tickets to various vendors, and handle in-depth troubleshooting of issues encountered by customers, tier 3 technicians, and systems analyst. Systems Engineers will also be responsible for deploying and maintaining back-end infrastructure under supervision by the Director of Engineering/Operations.
Virtacore is a leading cloud services provider specializing in virtual infrastructure solutions utilizing VMware. With over 12 years of experience in cloud and internet services, Virtacore has a long history of providing public and private cloud solutions to meet the needs of our clients.
The Virtacore service offerings include complete cloud solutions and platforms, disaster recovery solutions as well as Google Apps implementation and integration. Our partnership with Equinix enables us to provide you with Tier 1 access in several of the most secure and reliable data centers in the world. It also allows us to provide you with a 99.999% SLA uptime guarantee. Virtacore compliance certifications include SSAE 16 Type II – SOC1 & SOC2, PCI DSS and we are also HIPAA ready. Our four tier security standard – which includes physical, logical, operational and compliance policies – meets the most stringent cloud security demands of our clients.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience (4-5 ideal), preferably with an Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field. This position is on-site at our Sterling location and cannot be done remotely. The successful candidate will also have:
• Strong background in Linux and Virtialization
• Experience in networking and firewalls are a plus
• Good organizational skills and attention to details
• Good technical writing skills
• Ability to work closely and professionally with customers
• Possess and maintain current and working knowledge of VMWare, including VM deployment and architecture
• Demonstrable knowledge of Linux administration, Windows administration, email, DNS, ssh, RDP, and related RFC’s.
• Familiarity with PHP, GCC, shell scripting libraries and troubleshooting
• Ability to rotate shifts with other team members and availability for on-call shifts
• Cisco, Microsoft, or VMware certifications or experience a plus
• If this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
Some responsibilities you’ll have in this position:
• Reproduce and troubleshoot issues on Linux/Windows systems
• Follow documented procedures and instructions
• Properly escalate tickets
• Interact and communicate with engineers, colleagues, and executives.
• Working with members of a team as well as management on project deployments and documentation
Just submit your resume and your salary requirements and we’ll take it from there. Email your resume to email@example.com.
Virtacore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.