Job Title: Solutions Engineer
Location: Sterling, VA
We are growing and looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our Sales team at our headquarters located in Sterling, VA. If you are ready for the rewards, challenges and responsibilities that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, then read on!
The successful candidate will be directly involved in assisting the sales team in the pre and post sales efforts as the focal point for technology resources. As the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products, the Solution Engineers will be looked upon to actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stages of the sales process to provide recommendations and design solutions.
Virtacore is a leading cloud services provider specializing in virtual infrastructure solutions utilizing VMware. With over 7 years of experience in cloud and internet services, Virtacore has a long history of providing public and private cloud solutions to meet the needs of our 1100+ clients. The Virtacore service offerings include complete cloud solutions and platforms and disaster recovery solutions. Our partnership with Equinix enables us to provide Tier 3 access in several of the most secure and reliable data centers in the world. It also allows us to provide a 99.999% SLA uptime guarantee. Virtacore compliance certifications include SSAE 16 Type II – SOC1 & SOC2, PCI DSS and we are also HIPAA ready. Our four tier security standard – which includes physical, logical, operational and compliance policies – meets the most stringent cloud security demands of our clients.
The ideal candidate will have relevant IT and/or pre-sales engineering experience and must be self-motivated with a proven knowledge of services sales cycle and of VMware cloud computing solutions. This position is on-site at our Sterling location and cannot be done remotely. The successful candidate will also have familiarity and or expertise with:
- Virtualization based cloud computing business
- Experience with Veeam, Zerto or other backup and replication technologies
- Experience working with Managed Service Providers (MSPs) or Value Added Resellers (VARs)
- Strong networking background
- Experience supporting direct and channel sales and selling consultatively and technically
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Certifications in the following are a plus: VMware, MSFT, Cisco, Citrix, etc.
- Strong understanding of Linux and Virtualization
- Good organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work closely and professionally with customers
- Cisco UCS, NetApp, Nimble, Microsoft, or VMware certifications or experience a plus
- Familiarity or experience with AWS, Azure, Softlayer, etc… a plus
- If this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
Some responsibilities you’ll have in this position:
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations with the Account Director.
- Design, document and propose cloud solutions, based upon technical and business requirements.
- Represent Virtacore and our product to customers and at field events such as
- conferences, seminars, etc.
- Work closely with the engineering team to collaborate and communicate field knowledge, customer requirements, and feedback.
- Travel within assigned sales territory.
- Manage workload utilizing SalesForce.
- Produce technical documents and support blogging
- Competitive Salary
- Great Comp Structure
- Cell Phone
Just submit your resume and your salary requirements to Careers@virtacore.com and we’ll take it from there.
Virtacore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.