Senior Network Engineer
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Sterling, VA
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Engineering team at our headquarters located in Sterling, VA (about 30 miles west of Washington, DC). If you are ready for the rewards, challenges and responsibilities that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, then read on!
As a Senior Network Engineer on the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for designing, building and managing the global network infrastructure that is the foundation of all our services. The successful candidate will be able to understand and drive solid requirements and then use those to design, procure, deploy, configure, test, and activate networks. Excellent cross-team collaboration, technical skills, and clear communications are required.
Virtacore is a leading cloud services provider specializing in virtual infrastructure solutions utilizing VMware. With over 12 years of experience in cloud and internet services, Virtacore has a long history of providing public and private cloud solutions to meet the needs of our clients.
The Virtacore service offerings include complete cloud solutions and platforms, disaster recovery solutions as well as Google Apps implementation and integration. Our partnership with Equinix enables us to provide you with Tier 1 access in several of the most secure and reliable data centers in the world. It also allows us to provide you with a 99.999% SLA uptime guarantee. Virtacore compliance certifications include SSAE 16 Type II – SOC1 & SOC2, PCI DSS and we are also HIPAA ready. Our four tier security standard – which includes physical, logical, operational and compliance policies – meets the most stringent cloud security demands of our clients.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience, preferably with a Bachelors degree in a related field. This position is on-site at our Sterling location and cannot be done remotely. The successful candidate will also have:
- Senior level Cisco networking experience with all levels of Catalyst, Nexus, and ASR equipment
- Senior level experience integrating networks with Cisco UCS
- Senior level experience designing, deploying, and maintaining highly resilient and scalable distributed LAN and WAN network architecture in a service provider environment
- A solid understanding of, and have experience with, most of the following network technologies: 802.1q, HSRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP. Knowledge of MPLS, LDP, and VRFs strongly desired.
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP and OSPF).
- If this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
The primary roles and responsibilities you’ll have in this position:
- Design and deploy networks based on business and technical requirements.
- Contribute towards the advancement of the overall network architecture.
- Partner with Cloud Infrastructure team members to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner and are of high quality.
- Take a lead role in the engagement and mitigation of outage causing events or issues.
- Perform non-critical investigations into functionality that are not working as desired.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with multiple parties during an incident.
- Review, consult and prepare for planned change introduction to production environment.
- Partner with teams to plan and execute software code upgrades and device maintenance.
- Quickly integrate into the environment and become able to take on incidents tickets.
- Take on deployment projects and deliver them in a timely manner.
- Contribute towards continual improvement of our global network architecture.
- Partner with customers to solve issues on the network.
Just submit your resume and your salary requirements and we’ll take it from there. Email your resume to email@example.com.
Virtacore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.