Job Title: Marketing Intern
Location: Sterling, VA
Location: Sterling, VA
We are looking for a Marketing Intern to join our marketing team part-time at our headquarters located in Sterling, VA. If you are ready for the rewards, challenges and responsibilities that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, then read on!
The Marketing Intern will play a key role in our Marketing organization, reporting directly to the Marketing Director, and assist in graphic design, website management, maintenance, operation and creation of corporate collateral and publications. The Marketing Intern will also support marketing activities such as email and direct mail campaigns, special events and social media programs.
Virtacore is a leading cloud services provider specializing in virtual infrastructure solutions utilizing VMware. With almost 15 years of experience in cloud and internet services, Virtacore has a long history of providing public and private cloud solutions to meet the needs of our clients.
The Virtacore service offerings include complete cloud solutions and platforms, disaster recovery solutions as well as Google Apps implementation and integration. Our partnership with Equinix enables us to provide you with Tier 1 access in several of the most secure and reliable data centers in the world. It also allows us to provide you with a 99.999% SLA uptime guarantee. Virtacore compliance certifications include SSAE 16 Type II – SOC1 & SOC2, PCI DSS and we are also HIPAA ready. Our four tier security standard – which includes physical, logical, operational and compliance policies – meets the most stringent cloud security demands of our clients.
The ideal candidate will be pursuing either a B.S in Marketing (MBA preferred) with basic graphic design experience. This position is on-site at our Sterling location and cannot be done remotely. The successful candidate will also be/have:
The successful candidate will also have:
• Ability to work 15-20 hours a week
• Fluency in current graphic design practices, web production software and other applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Flash
• Motivated, self-starter with a proactive personality who is able to work independently or with a team
• Familiarity with HTML
• Strong knowledge of Web site structure and functionality
• Strong conceptual skills, including online experience concepts
• Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment. Structured or large company experience will not work here.
• Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
• Great communicator, written and verbal, able to work effectively across functional groups to set and meet aggressive schedules.
• Knowledgeable of Internet and social media strategy with a demonstrated track record.
• A “roll up your sleeves” approach to work.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, self-starter.
• If this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
Just submit your resume and we’ll take it from there. Email your resume to email@example.com.
This is a paid internship. Virtacore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.