Acceptable Use Policy
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Each and every customer that has service with Virtacore Systems (VCS) is responsible to agree to the rules set forth in this AUP.
Violation of any of the terms and conditions listed in this AUP may result in the immediate termination or suspension of your services. Failure to comply with this AUP may not only result in the immediate termination of your service, depending on the severity of the infraction, it could lead to further legal action.
An AUP is a set of rules and guidelines which govern the use of VCS services. These rules are put in place to protect not only VCS, but also our customers. We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time.
The customer agrees any disputes or legal remedies will be filed in Loudoun County in the state of Virginia. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Virginia.
Again, these rules are here to protect not only us, but to protect our customers as well.
You may not:
- Participate in any illegal activity that could adversely affect VCS’s legal interests. You are responsible for the contract between yourself and VCS. If you resell services, and one of your customers partakes in any illegal activity that we deem puts us at risk, we will hold you responsible for your customers actions. Of course if the infraction is minor, we will ask you to correct the situation first. Please consult a legal attorney if you are not sure of the legal status of you or your customer’s actions.
- Hacking/cracking of any sort will not be tolerated and will result in the immediate termination of your services as well as possible further legal action from VCS. You are not allowed to tamper with other accounts, files, programs, etc, on any VCS systems, machines, or assets.
- You may not use any of our services for distribution of illegal material such as pirated software, illegal pornography, credit card information, publishing someone else’s private data (phone number, social security number, etc) in web pages or other public places.
- You may not use any of our services to launch attacks on others, such as floods, DoS attacks, email spam, USENET spam, Multi-level marketing type programs, or in any negligent manner that intends to cause harm or damage to other systems either connected to VCS or elsewhere on the Internet.
- If we receive complaints about spam/UCE originating from equipment under your control, we will contact you immediately to correct the situation. We reserve the right to take any action necessary to resolve the situation if you are not able to or refuse to resolve the situation when we notify you. This may include removing your server from the network and termination of service.
- Something which we take seriously is child pornography. VCS will fully cooperate with any criminal investigation into a violation of this policy. CHILD PORNOGRAPHY IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON VCS NETWORKS, SERVERS, AND FROM ANY OTHER SERVICE WE OFFER. VCS customers are responsible for the actions of their clients and are liable for illegal material posted by their clients.
- According to the Child Protection Act, child pornography includes photographs, films, video or any other type of visual presentation that shows a person who is or is depicted as being under the age of eighteen years and is engaged in or is depicted as engaged in explicit sexual activity, or the dominant characteristic of which is the depiction, for a sexual purpose, of a sexual organ or the anal region of a person under the age of eighteen years or any written material or visual representation that advocates or counsels sexual activity with a person under the age of eighteen years.